Tuesday 9 December 2014

Very good bahd girl

I was introduced to a very nice babe a few years back. Afterwards I started hearing gists about her, good gists. Everybody liked her. I found that we had mutual friends. We had several interactions and I  grew to like her too.

I'm not particularly friends with her but I found myself being her voltron on several occasions. "Why are you speaking ill of her? She's a good girl, back off." Her crime? She had a caring boyfriend but would still collect gifts from men, young or old, rich or poor, even the ones whose wives she was acquainted with. Maybe it's because I come from a small town or because men talk too much, the news circulated. You can bet even people who do not know her helped garnish and spread the gist. I believe she didn't date any of these men but she was taking gifts, cash and enjoying the free meals. She thought she was being a smart good girl. I must add greedy to it. Note each man didn't spend up to 20/50k on her but would talk like they credit her account with 1M everyday and take her shopping every weekend.

I remember one initially saying "I got this and this for her. I took her there yesterday. I'll definitely date her" Then he changed to "That stupid girl just collected all my money. I have forgotten her". Another chose to dent her boyfriend's image. Derogatory remarks on how he couldn't control his girl, she was vain, she was above him, she was using him were passed around.

These gifts do not make one rich. Now that he bought that human hair for you, are you any better? Would you die if you don't use the latest blackberry? I don't think we should accept gifts from men. We're not even mandated to take everything our boyfriends give us. You know a guy is giving you a gift because he covets your body, you smile sheepishly and take it. You're not being smart, it's being cheap.

Thank you for reading bloghearts. It will be nice to read more from you in the new year. Do send in posts to tarabauer01@gmail.com and I'll be glad to publish. You can also suggest topics. This post is dedicated to Karen. I didn't start writing this post until I saw your comment on the Christmas giveaway post. Much love, Anuoluwapo.

P.S. If you're in Ilorin for Christmas/New year, please get in touch.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this post deary.
Sincerely there's no point accepting gifts from 'men' when you know you don't have anything to offer..lol
Karen!

Anonymous said...

you are right ma dear...but sometimes honestly it can be soo tempting lol...so wat if you collect n run away(as in loose all contact with d person)...pls do respond. cos i know av done dat several times.

Anuoluwapo said...

It's the same thing na, whether or not the gist circulate. It can even be more dangerous to collect stuff from a stranger, whose contact you may easily loose. If anything happens, you can't trace the source of the gift.
Thank you :*

Anuoluwapo said...

Thank you Karen

Eniwealth said...

ehn!I've been guilty of the same sin in the past too.

Anonymous said...

lol...nothin will happen, well am talkin more of cash not gifts though...thanks

Anuoluwapo said...

Aren't we all?

Anuoluwapo said...

Okay na

Riike said...

Nice piece

Ire said...

Elections around the corner

Anuoluwapo said...

:d

Anonymous said...

Hiya! **Sits down well on Jangolova Chair! then **clears throat.. Since yaf decided to come and goan be doing Hide and seek yeah.. me sef ayaf decided to come and do search and find ni.. So Gifts.. Ladies.. To accept or Not?! Wo! if aYaam correct yeah Anu toh sure.. Its the year 2015 now.. No one should be so archaic in their thinking that a girl has sex with all the men she collects gifts from nah.. Commmeeooonn.. Sheybe they offered her.. She kukuma collected it nah! Q.E.D.. its imperative that women should be cautious of what they receive.. TRUE! and to that i agree.. But to try and dent abi MURDER a ladies worth all cause she received gifts is tad not too smart.

I give gifts atimes.. and most of the times it is not motive inclined.. I mean Sex is not food nah! Shey i will come and goan sleep with all the girls i give gifts to ni?! no nah :)

Thanks for sharing Anu.. This was a smart read. Oshey baDDest!